There are many things that affect the cost of basements, these include:
- How many light wells are required and how large do they need to be?
- Is External access required?
- What is the desired headroom? (This typically varies from 2.2m to 3.5m generally)
- What internal lighting is required?
- Is drainage needed for showers and/or toilet facilities?
- Do you require underfloor heating?
- What type of waterproofing system is required?
- What level of access do we have to the basement for the removal of spoil and the
- Storage of materials during the works?
- What are the ground conditions like? Is the floor below the water table?
These are just a few of the factors to consider but some rough guideline costs are as follows and is obviously dependent on size, ground conditions, etc.
- Reducing the floor level in a 2 room basement, underpinning the walls and fitting lightwells, approx £80,000 – £120,000
- Excavating a retrofit basement or basement digout where no basement exists, underpinning the walls etc, for 2/3 rooms and a shower room from £100,000 – £150,000
- Excavating and casting a basement on a new built property, from £150,000
- Excavating and installing a basement swimming pool and gym from £400,000
Please contact us for further details as there are so many variables, and we will visit you and discuss all the options.